James T. Peter
On a personal level
Our laws serve to regulate life among and between people, ultimately protecting our freedom.
In case of dispute, finding justice by the courts can be cumbersome and expensive. At times, however, this way cannot be avoided. If so, a controversial party needs the best possible legal support to handle litigation professionally and diligently, which I am happy to engage in.
However, if the dispute can be resolved better through other means, I gladly accompany my clients to consensus-based success. My clients appreciate a preliminary clarification on how best to serve their individual interests under the given circumstances.
Main Areas of Focus
- Contract law
- Labor law
- Inheritance law
- Data protection law
- Handling of cases before state courts and arbitration courts as well as law of enforcement
- Commercial and corporate law
- Mediation / conflict management and contract design / Negiation assistance
Lecturer at Universities
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW): Education in Conflict Management & Mediation
- University of Lucerne: Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- University of Lucerne: Academy for Judges: CAS Judiciary: Mediation
- University of Zurich: Law Clinic: Solution Oriented Negotiation, Negotiation Skills; Communication and Interviewing
- ZHAW: MBA: Major Health Economics and Healthcare Management: Conflict Management
- ZHAW: MBA: Major Public and Nonprofit Management: Conflict Management
- ZHAW: Master of Science in Environment and Natural Resources: Mediation
- University of Applied Sciences – Kalaidos: Swiss Trust Institute: CAS Business Succession: Mediation
- Co-Author: «Aussergerichtliche Konfliktlösung», 2019
- Der Rechtsanwalt als Parteivertreter in der Mediation, AnwaltsRevue 3/2013, 103 ff.
- Berner Kommentar, Zivilprozessordnung, Art. 19, 20, 29, 30, 197-218 ZPO
- «Mediation bei Forderungsstreitigkeiten», in HAVE Schlichten statt richten, Zürich 2012, S. 35 ff.
- «Gerichtsnahe Wirtschaftsmediation: Ein Erfahrungsbericht», Anwaltsrevue 10/2012, . 464 ff.
- «Verjährungsunterbruch von Ansprüchen mit handelsgerichtlicher Zuständigkeit», AnwaltsRevue 8/2012, S. 364 ff.
- «Gerichtsnahe Mediation», Kommentar zur Mediation in der ZPO, Bern 2011
- Basler Kommentar, Bundesgesetz über Schuldbetreibung und Konkurs, Art. 8-11, Basel 2010
- «MED-ARB in International Arbitration», in: The American Review of International Arbitration, 1997, Vol. 8 No. 1
- Partner at Krepper Spring Partners
(attorney-at-law since 1991; independent partner since 2000)
- Co-founder and partner at Bellevue Mediation (2001)
- Lecturer at the University of Zurich, University of Lucerne, Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW)
- Since 2001 lecturer and trainer in mediation, conflict management and negotiation
- Development and production of the e-learning tool “Conflict Management”
- Continuing education in mediation and dispute resolution
- LL.M. University of Texas at Austin
- Doctorate: “The Data Protection Act” University of Zurich
- License to practice law in Switzerland
- Law degree from the University of Zurich
- Swiss and Zurich Bar Association (SAV / ZAV)
- Swiss Chamber of Business Mediation (SKWM) / Institute for Mediation
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Swiss Data Protection Forum
- Institute for Civil Proceedings
- Association for Debt Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law
- International Academy of Mediation (IAM)